Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Look what I made!!

So School has started! It started on August 22nd. I am majoring in Dental Assisting. And the first week was boring! We had not started learning much yet or doing much. We hadn't begun our schedule as it will be for this whole semester. Well yesterday was when we started doing the lab/clinical part of the program. I had started my day with my chairside lab, we learned how to wash our hands and disinfect the area that the patient sits and such. Then I had some classes and next was my radiology lab. With the program we have CREEPY looking heads that we practice our x-rays (or radiographs... yep I learned that...) on. So I got to attempt 2 x-rays and we also got to develop them as well to see just how well we did! Today I had my dental materials lab. We worked with plasters and molds and got to make molds! It was possibly the coolest thing! The point is to not get any air bubbles in the mold or it will will have holes in it. If you look closely at the smaller of the molds you can see just a few holes in the front couple teeth. I was sad to see that but was SO glad that my adult teeth mold worked so well!!


That was about all that we have done so far! Next week we get to do more molds with a different type of plaster so I am excited to try again and NOT get any air bubbles in it. I hope you are having a GREAT week so far!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is pretty cool! I wish I could do fun things like that in school! Instead I get to do math all day! Woot!